Dear Friends and Family,
Last Monday I finished Reagan’s blessing dress then worked on my computer some. In fact, too much. I did find almost all of my missionaries on facebook that have gone home. When I finally got off the computer, I went into town to drop some shirts off at the cleaners, Quest Diagnostics, the post office to mail three packages, to Dr. Huggins office, back to Quest Diagnostics for lab work, to Walmart, to the Pure Water Station, and then home. I was going to go to the bank, but forgot to. Bob was home when I got home. We visited with the four missionaries for a while then we went to dinner at Rosa’s Café. When we got home, we cleaned on the house. We didn’t finish, but it is within range now. I sure have a good husband to help me and put up with me.
Tuesday when I got up, Bob had already gone to Elbit in Fort Worth. I got all the ingredients out to make my Thanksgiving pies. Before I stopped to take a break, I’d made two cherry cheesecakes, five cherry pies, four apple pies, two peach pies, a blueberry pie and a blackberry pie. Bob came home for a few minutes during all that and then left again to go to Carrollton to get eleven food orders at the Bishop’s Storehouse. The four missionaries also came home for lunch during the pie making. When the last of those 13 pies were out of the oven, I went into town to get more Crisco and a couple other things. When I got home, I made two pecan pies and five pumpkin pies. While the pies were cooking, I cleaned up the kitchen. Bob got home just as I was finishing up. It was a long day, but productive for both of us.
My alarm went off for me to go to the temple on Wednesday. The temple’s last session was at noon so our shift didn’t have to go in. I got up and made two cheese balls, a sweet potato casserole, and a fruit salad. I then talked to Dorias for a while. I then made a cranberry salad. I started making the stuffing, but Bob wanted to go into town so we did. We went to several places including the bank, the cleaners, and the grocery store (again), Auto Zone, Rosa’s Café for lunch, and Home Depot. When we got home, I finished the stuffing and cooked two dozen eggs for Deviled Eggs. Then I took a NAP. I was tired. Dorias and her family left around 4 to come here from Boerne and Bonnie & Jarom left around 6 to come here from Katy. Dorias and her family got here around 9. They brought their two 4-wheelers with them. Bonnie & Jarom got here around midnight. I went to bed before Bonnie got here.
Thanksgiving morning we all got up and winter had gotten here—again. Bob fixed breakfast for all of us. After we got that cleaned up, I made a green bean casserole and hot rolls; Dorias and Bonnie made the Deviled Eggs; Dorias made a Grape and Pecan Salad; Karen put together a relish tray and made stove top stuffing for Jarom (he is allergic to Turkey); and someone else peeled and cooked the potatoes for mashed potatoes. When the turkey and ham were out of the oven, Bob carved them while I made turkey gravy and ham gravy. During all that Michael and his family came over from Benbrook and Charles & Amber came over from Jacksboro. Sadie was with her Dad in Granbury. The kids played on the 4-wheelers some, but it was cold. We had a nice dinner. Plenty of food! Later that evening Dan and his family came over. They had had Thanksgiving dinner with the Ellestad family. Tonia’s dad was in town. Tonia’s oldest brother and his family came from Alabama and her oldest sister and some of her family came from Azle. Her little brother had to work, but his family came from next door. So they also had a house full. Later that night, Dan and his family, Michael and his family and Charles & Amber went to their own homes.
Friday morning we had pie and leftovers for breakfast and for the rest of the day. Later Robbie and his family came over from Mineral Wells. They didn’t come over on Thanksgiving Day because they had had Beth’s family over. Dan and his two big girls and Charles & Amber came back over. All the boys, Dan’s two big girls and Bonnie went down to the Payne’s house to shoot guns. The rest of the girls went shopping. I stayed home and watched Eden and the twins. We watched Ratatouille, which I enjoyed. That afternoon my kids and the big grandkids played on the 4-wheelers again. That evening Dorias & Mark, Bonnie & Jarom and Charles & Amber went with Bob over to the Church to clean. I stayed home with the Robert, Richard, Rebecca & Matthew. Oh, yes, football games were also watched.
Saturday I made waffles for breakfast. The rest of the day was filled with more leftovers. Dan and Robbie’s families came over again. This time they brought their dogs so that the “dog cousins” could play together—Robbie’s Yorkshire Terrier (Evangeline), Dan’s West Highland Terrier (Flour), Bonnie’s Shih Tzu (Autumn) and our Maltese (Sugar). I mowed a diamond in the front yard so that we could play kickball. That was so much fun. The little kids had no clue how to play and would run to the wrong bases all the time or just not run. The twins treated the ball like a soccer ball. It was enjoyed by all. Charles & Amber had gone to the temple that morning so they didn’t get here until later. Amber and Rebecca then went shopping. We got the sidewalk chalk out and marked off two 4-square pads on the driveway. It is nice that we had a 16 foot wide cement driveway put in this past summer. The older kids played 4-square and the little kids just drew on the driveway. Of course, the 4-wheelers came out. All the boys watched the BYU game which was a disappointment. We made homemade noodles for supper that evening. Afterwards a few played games and a few watched movies and some others just visited.
Yesterday morning Dorias fixed French Toast for everyone. After breakfast, Mark loaded up their trailer with the 4-wheelers and their car with all their stuff so they could leave right after the blessing. Rebecca had to be in San Antonio at 6pm for a dress rehearsal for a performance for school. Michael and his family came over. Charles, Amber & Sadie met us at Church along with Robbie and his family. We took family pictures then a picture of all the men that would stand in the circle when they blessed Reagan Emily— Dan, Bob, Don Ellestad, Mark, Robbie, Michael, Jarom, Charles, and Eddie Jones. After Sacrament Meeting, Robbie’s family, Michael’s family, Charles’ family, and Bonnie & Jarom came over to our house for dinner. Everyone pitched in and helped. It was nice. We had a hodge podge of food (old and new), but it was good. We all just visited, played games, and watched movies all evening.
This morning Bonnie & Jarom and Bob & I met Don & Trish and Marilyn at IHOP for breakfast. When we got home, Bonnie & Jarom packed up and left for Katy. The house was quiet again—except for the four missionaries, but they don’t count. I really don’t like them having their preparation day on Mondays now. I liked Thursdays better. I need to wash towels and sheets and stuff, but the washer and dryer are tied up by them. Oh, well, I can always do it later. I really enjoy having the missionaries live with us.
I hope that I have remembered everything that we did this week. Just to let you know who is who:
Dorias & Mark, Matthew, Rebecca, Richard and Robert
Robbie & Beth, Lauren, Landon, Emma and Eden
Stephenie’s family didn’t come.
Dan & Tonia, Seth, Katie, Madison and Reagan
Michael & Karen and Megan
Eric’s family didn’t come.
Bonnie & Jarom
Charles & Amber and Sadie
No comments:
Post a Comment