Monday, August 11, 2008
Grandchild #17 arrives
Stephenie found out on July 30 that her baby that was due August 23 was breach--bum first. Because her amniotic fluid was low, the doctor told her that she needed to stay down. So I packed my bags and drove down to Tomball, TX to help her with the other kids. Evan had started a new job with an oil company and was not due back for three months.
She went back to the doctor again on August 6. Her amniotic fluid was up so they scheduled her to have the baby on August 9--C-section if they couldn't turn the baby or normal if they could. Evan came home from his new job on August 8.

Evan and Stephenie were at the hospital the morning of August 9 at 8am. I got a text from Evan at 12:38pm saying, "Not yet". At 2:33pm I got another text from Evan saying, "Baby is turned, water broken, started on pitocen". Then about 3:55pm Evan called me to tell me that Nathan Stephen Black had arrived at 3:44pm weighing 6 pounds 10 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. Both Mom and baby were doing just fine.
A little later I took the kids (Taneal 8, Camie 6, Danielle 4, and Spencer 2) up to the hospital to see their new baby brother.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So your 17th grandkid and Richard's 21st grandkid are 3 weeks apart. Congratulations! (This is Ken's wife, by the way.) There are pictures of our little guy on our blog.
Congratulations! I am so glad that things worked out for them. I popped over from Angela's blog.
Congratulations on Little Nathan! I love your blog.
Post a Comment