Monday, February 14, 2011

My Weely Letter ending on Valentine's Day 2011

Monday, February 14, 2011   (Four years today since our Chapel burnt down)

Dear Friends and Family,

Happy Valentine’s Day

Last Monday evening I watched TV shows that I’d recorded:  NCIS, Castle, the Mentalist, CSI-LV, CSI-NY, etc.

Tuesday morning I got up and drove into Fort Worth to the NAS/JRB (the old Carswell AFB) and picked up our three month supply of prescriptions.  We were supposed to pick them up last week, but we were grounded due to the ice storm.  When I got back to Weatherford, I stopped at Super Save and got some groceries.  Elder Struhs and Elder Stanworth were home eating lunch when I got home.  I fixed me a sandwich then went in and took a nap.  It was almost 60° and windy, but sunny.  Later Bonnie texted me to tell us that she got a second job working at a Surgery Center part time.  She was hoping that she would get enough hours at the ER that she wouldn’t need a second job, but it just hasn’t worked out that way.  I also talked to Bob that afternoon and Michael.  Michael doesn’t like the new vice principal as well as he liked Dan.  He also said that Megan is really crawling and is starting to pull herself up and will let go.  It won’t be long until she is walking.  Dorias texted me to tell me that Rebecca will be having oral surgery on March 16.  I’m going down to babysit the boys that week.  That evening I visited with the missionaries when they got home then I went in and watched TV until I went to bed.   It started raining around midnight and the wind was really blowing hard.

When I got up Wednesday morning, it was 11° outside and all the rain that we got the night before was frozen with a light covering of snow over it.  The wind chill was -6°.  All the schools are closed again.  They were closed four days last week and now again this week.  And the temple was closed again.  I was bored so went back to bed until noon.  When I did get up, the sun was out and it had warmed up a bit, but it was still very windy.  I messed around on my computer for a while then finished reading “Lightning Thief” on my Kindle.  When I was through with that, I started reading “True Grit” on my Kindle.  Later that evening I watched TV until I couldn’t stay awake so went to bed.

Seth woke me up Thursday morning wanting me to go to breakfast with them.  I got ready and went.  Marilyn came also.  We ate and visited until 11:30.  Bob called me to let me know that he was driving to the airport to catch his flight home.  When I got home, I worked on visiting teaching for a while.  Robbie came over for a few minutes on his lunch hour.  I then read on my Kindle.  Bob called to let me know that he had landed at DFW and was heading over to SMU to teach his class.  I later met all four missionaries at Alvin Ord’s for supper.  Their sandwiches are sooo good.  When I got home, I read until I went to bed.  Bob got home around 11.

Friday morning it was right at freezing when we got up.  Bob went into Fort Worth to Elbit and I finished reading “True Grit” on my Kindle.  I couldn’t believe how it went right along with the John Wayne movie.  Then I downloaded “The Help” by Kathryn Stockett to my Kindle.  Dorias called and we talked a while then Bonnie texted me.  Jarom and she were on their way to go camping near Conroe.  That did not sound fun to me.  I then started reading my new book.  When Bob got home from work, we went to eat at Rosa’s Café and then we went over to JCPenny and he got him six new shirts.  When we got home, he left again for a meeting and I continued to read my book.  Bonnie texted me the following: “I kept smelling a chemical smell.  Jarom couldn’t.  Then I noticed my toes where finally warm.  Then Jarom noticed my feet were smoking.  All the glue separated and the rubber melted.  We laughed.”  I told her that’s what she gets for buying cheep shoes.

Saturday morning Bob went and got Seth to come help him around the house.  They washed my car and hunted for gophers.  I didn’t do much of anything all day long except read.  I enjoyed myself, but didn’t get anything else done.  I did finish up the ward bulletin for Sunday.

It was “such a beautiful day in the neighborhood” when I got up on Sunday.  I got ready and went to my meetings.  When we got out, it was up to 72° and sunny—not a cloud in the sky.  A friend of mind sent me an email with a link to YouTube.  It was a Flash Mob in Australia singing “We Are Australian”.  I can’t get that song out of my head.  It is beautiful.  I don’t know how many times I’ve listened to it.  I read most of the rest of the day on my book “The Help”.  It was such a good book.  I finished it before I went to bed.

This morning Seth called me to wake me up so that I could go to breakfast at IHOP.  He likes to do that.  We had a nice visit—Trish, Tonia, Marilyn & I.  On the way home, I went to the bank.  Bob had left for Fort Worth when I got home.  I visited with the missionaries then decided to download another book to my Kindle—“Eragon” by Christopher Paolini.  I think this Kindle is a curse.  That’s all I want to do is read.  I’ve never been an avid reader before.  When we got married, Bob would tell me that if I’d read 100 pages in a day, he would do the dishes for me.  I guess after 41 ½ years…..

Well, I better get this on to you.  Hope that you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day.

No comments: