Dear Friends and Family,
Last Monday evening after Bob got home from pre-recording his Thursday SMU class, we went up to the Church so he could do a couple interviews then we went to Fuzzy’s Tacos for dinner. It wasn’t the best. When we got home, I continued to read the latest book that I’d downloaded to my Kindle called “Eragon” by Christopher Paolini. I didn’t stay up too late reading.
Tuesday morning I had a Relief Society presidency meeting up at the Church. Afterwards I went to Walmart to do some shopping. When I got home, Bob had already left to catch a flight to Los Angeles. I put all the groceries away then messed around on my computer for a while. Then I started reading on my book again. Bob called me when he landed in LA and again when he got to his hotel. I didn’t want to put my Kindle down so that I could go to bed, but I had to since I had Temple on Wednesday and needed a good night’s rest. It got up to 80° here in Weatherford on Tuesday.
It was 62° when I got up on Wednesday with 87% humidity. I got ready and went and picked up Sharon and Marsha for the temple. It was nice to be back after being absent for two weeks due to ice storms. I had a wonderful day at the temple. We had a nice slow drive home. There was much more traffic than usual. We just missed being in an accident, but made it home ok. We ate supper at the R&K CafĂ© then I dropped Marsha and Sharon off at their homes. Sugar was sure glad to see me when I got home. I had planned on reading all evening, but didn’t. Bob called me. He was tired. I talked with the missionaries when they got home and then went to bed.
Bob woke me up with a call from California on Thursday morning. It was warm and humid again here. I bathed Sugar then worked on Visiting Teaching and on my computer. I did talk to Cookie on the phone. Her second daughter, Heather, had had a hysterectomy on Wednesday. Cookie and Alton were in Arizona with Heather. I read on my book while doing laundry then took a nap. When I got up, I finished the laundry and then worked on a calendar to figure out when Bob and I would be home and not home from now until the middle of June. We’re not going to see much of each other in the next few months. Bob called me around 8:30 saying he was fixin to take off at LAX for DFW. It got up to 82°. I almost felt like turning on the a/c, but resisted. I did turn the ceiling fans on.
Bob got home Friday morning just before 1. It is nice to have him home even if it is only for a couple days. He left this morning for Mobile, Alabama again. We slept in and then changed our AT&T accounts—both cell and land line. We didn’t get rid of our land line, but now we cannot make long distance calls on it and we don’t have caller id--just the basic phone. Since Michael is on Karen’s parent’s cell plan now, we added Stephenie to our cell plan. I couldn’t believe how long on the phone it took us to do that. That afternoon I read on my Kindle, took a nap and read some more. Bonnie and I texted each other. She started her new job. She said it was better than the surgery center in Las Vegas. Later Bob and I went into town. He had to interview someone so I read while he did that. Charles called me while I was waiting on Bob. When we were done at the Church, we went to Walmart to do some shopping. We got Subways while there. It got up to 85° and was humid on Friday. I actually put on short pants because long ones were too hot. When we got home from town, I read on my book until I went to bed.
Charles came over Saturday morning to barrow a car. He was having Jorge fix his truck—actually it is Robbie’s truck. He stayed a while which was good. I wished that they didn’t live so far away so that they could come over more often. Bob called Tonia. They were all sick including Dan who is still up in Wyoming. Dan was sick enough that he went to the ER. I had done the ward bulletin on Friday, but Bob and I found out on Saturday morning that the Dallas Temple president and matron were coming to speak, so he had to call and cancel the speakers that had been asked and I had to change the bulletin. At least I hadn’t printed it out yet. Bob called his mom to see how she was doing. Her missionaries dyed Lucy’s hair green. I booked my flight to Utah. I’ll leave here on April 21 and come home on May 10. I’m going to babysit Lucy while Grandma goes on a trip with her sister, Pauline. Later Dorias called. Matthew and the twins have the flu even though they got the shots. I continued reading my Kindle until time to go to an YW Valentine Fund Raiser/Dinner. It wasn’t very well attended. Afterwards I went to run off the ward bulletin. I got 20 copies done when the Xerox machine started jamming up. So the first 20 families at Sacrament Meeting got the bulletin on Sunday. When we got home, I continued reading until bedtime. Eric called. He is fixin to take his second of five CPA tests this coming Thursday.
Sunday morning I had planned on putting a big ham in my Crockpot, but it wouldn’t fit in either one of my big ones so I had to put it in the oven. Sacrament Meeting was really good. I enjoyed the talks by our temple matron and president. Afterwards I went home to check on the ham—it was done! So I put it in the car and took it up to the Church for Linger Longer. Sunday School was almost over by the time I got all that done. Our Relief Society lesson was really good also. We had plenty to eat at Linger Longer. The five missionaries sat with me. When I got home, I changed cloths and finished reading “Eragon” on my Kindle. That was such a good book. I then downloaded to my Kindle the next one called “Eldest” and started reading it. During that time Dorias, Stephenie, Bonnie and I were texting each other. I also talked to Mark. I love modern technology.
Bob got up and left this morning. I got up and fixed Buckwheat Pancakes for all five missionaries and me. I found out that Buckwheat isn’t made out of wheat and it is gluten free. The pancakes were really heavy. I don’t know if I’ll make them again. My Grandma Smith used to make them and I liked her’s. I talked with Dorias for a while this morning then got ready to go to IHOP with Trish. I didn’t eat there—just visited and drank Diet Coke with them. After IHOP, I went to get my nails done. They were getting too long. They look and feel so much better now. I also talked to Bob and to Mark. Bonnie texted me telling me that she’d just got off a 5 hour shift at one job and had to be at a 12 hour shift at her other job in six hours. It’s a good thing that she is young. Later Elder Struhs and Elder Stanworth dyed Sugar’s hair again
. Her body is blue and her head is red. 
Charles called me. They might come over later.
Well, I’m going to get this going. Hope that you have a good week. I’m going to have a busy week.
No comments:
Post a Comment