Monday, April 11, 2011
Dear Friends and Family,
Last Monday evening we went to Empty Nester’s FHE over at Trish’s house. We had a potluck dinner and then they sang Happy Birthday to me. Trish gave me a pretty Tex-Mex Geranium and Marilyn gave me a cute card. I brought the leftover birthday cake home with me for the missionaries to eat.
Tuesday Bob got up again and went and taught Seminary. We have about 25 kids coming from Hudson Oaks Ward, Mineral Wells Branch, and our ward. I got up when he got home and got ready to go to Breakfast with the Girls at IHOP. Only three others came besides Trish, Marilyn, Dan & Tonia and the two kids. They sat at a table next to ours. When we were almost done eating, the waitresses brought me a birthday sundae and sang Happy Birthday to me. I have some good friends. On the way home, I stopped at the Church and did my VT report, printed out the route changes, and the supervisors’ lists. When I got home, I got all that ready and mailed off. Then I read a little before Bob and I left to go to our annual doctor visit. We both passed. When we got home, Bob got ready to go to SMU to record this week’s lesson since he’s in England. I left to run some errands—got my car inspected, went to the bank, got my oil changed and ate supper while that was being done, and went and got my hair cut. When I got home, I did some stuff on my computer and then read on “Uglies”. While doing that, Jim brought over a birthday cake for me to take to the temple from Marsha. And I visited with the missionaries for a while when they got home.
Wednesday was my 62nd birthday. It was also my twin brother’s birthday, one of my granddaughter’s (Eden) 6th birthday, and my Cousin Diana’s birthday. Stephenie got me a really cute cookbook called “Our Best Bites”. Sharon called me Wednesday morning to tell me that she was sick. Marsha had a doctor’s appointment so wouldn’t be going. That meant that I had to drive over to Dallas all by myself! That also meant that I had to go a different way than usual because I couldn’t use the HOV lanes. I made it ok to and from, but didn’t like it and it took twice as long to get home as usual. When I got back to Weatherford, I stopped by the Church. Bob wasn’t ready to go yet so I ran over to Walmart to get some envelopes and then went on home. He got home a little later. We went to Logan’s for dinner together. I got LOTS of “Happy Birthdays” on Facebook, in texts, and calls from most of my kids and a few friends. It was a good day.
Thursday morning I got up, packed, and went to QuestLabs to get some blood work done, but they were too busy so I left and met Trish and the gang at IHOP for breakfast. Dan only stayed a few minutes. He was on his way to catch a plane to go to work up in North Dakota—I think. After I left there, I got gas ($3.56 a gallon) then drove to Mineral Wells to pick up my granddaughter, Lauren. From there we drove to Boerne. After Rebecca got home from school we (Dorias, Rebecca, Lauren, and I) drove to Kerrville to start the Bluebonnet Patchwork Trail Quilt Shop Hop. This is my third year going. From Kerrville we drove to Leon Springs to another quilt shop. Afterwards we went out to dinner at Papa Nachos and then came back to Boerne. I went to bed shortly thereafter.
Friday Rebecca skipped school. We left the house around 8:30. We went to a quilt shop in Castroville and three shops in San Antonio. Then we headed back to Boerne to pick up the twins from school. Mark came home from work early so that we could go back to San Antonio to one shop and then to New Braunfels to another shop. Dorias had pre-registered us for a hotel in San Marcos so we went out to eat at Red Robin and then to our hotel. We didn’t even turn on the TV, but went straight to bed.
Saturday morning we ate at the hotel and then hit the road. We went to four shops in the Austin area (Buda, Lakeway, Austin and Cedar Park) to finish out our Bluebonnet Patchwork Trail Quilt Shop Hop. We went a total of 510 miles and had a lot of fun and learned a few new techniques. We also spent a lot of money, but oh well, it is just once a year. I was exhausted when we got back to Boerne. Bob called me. He was fixin to take off at DFW for London. He will be home on Friday. Dorias helped Lauren to make a pillow case that we were shown in one of the stores. Lauren did all the work. It turned out really cute. Afterwards, they got ready to go to a Utah Jazz vs San Antonio Spurs game. Mark was able to get six box seats. I gladly stayed home and watched the twins. I finished “Uglies” while the boys played outside. Then I started “Pretties” which is the second book in the Uglies Series. At 8 I put the chickens to bed and then had the boys get ready for bed and pick up the game room. I read a little more and then went to bed shortly after the boys were asleep. The rest of them didn’t get home from the game until around 1.
Yesterday morning Dorias & Mark and the twins went to Church in Fredericksburg. Mark is the High Councilman for that Branch. Lauren and I packed up and left around 11. Matthew and Rebecca later went to their ward there in Boerne. I dropped Lauren off at her house in Mineral Wells. When we got there, Beth’s parents were at Lauren’s house watching the other three kids. Robbie and Beth had gone on another cruise. If you ever want to go on a road trip with Lauren, don’t count on her talking to keep you awake—she is NOT a talker, but she is still fun to have along. I got home to Weatherford shortly before 5. I had gone a total of 1,074 miles since I left on Thursday. I worked on my computer (I couldn’t get on the Internet at Dorias’ house.) And then read. Around 9:30 a violent storm hit—we were under a tornado warning. We had up to 80mph winds. Then around midnight another storm came through with LOTS of wind, rain and lightening. Consequently, I didn’t sleep too well.
This morning it was pretty and sunny, but cooler. It had been up to 94 on Sunday. I don’t think it will get that warm today. Bob called me from England this morning at 5. Later, when I got up, Jorge was here working on the flower beds. I got dressed and went into town, got my blood drawn at QuestLabs, stopped at the post office to mail a letter, and then went to IHOP. I didn’t eat—just visited with everyone. On the way home, I did some shopping at Walmart and got gas for the lawnmower—$36.50 to mow the lawn! I did my regular Monday stuff on the computer and then got to work cleaning the house and making pies for Empty Nester’s FHE which will be at our house tonight. Don’t know what we will do about a lesson, but we’ll have fun visiting.
Hope that you have a good week.
No comments:
Post a Comment