Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday, June 13, 2011

Dear Friends and Family,

As most of you have probably figured out, I usually write my letter daily so that I won’t forget things—it is sorta a journal.  Well, this week I didn’t do it.  I am just writing it now so this might be short.  I’m told that it is just a journal of where I eat.

Last Monday I cleaned the house as I mentioned in last week’s letter.  I got all of it done except the laundry room, my room, and my bathroom—still haven’t cleaned them.  Eric and his family got here from visiting down in the Houston area around 3:30.  Bob came home from work shortly thereafter.  We ate dinner at Rosa’s Café and it wasn’t even Tuesday.

On Tuesday morning, Eric stayed home and watched Aaron and Kaylee while I took Angela to IHOP for Breakfast with the Girls.  Bob had gone to Elbit.  We had a great turnout at IHOP.  That evening Charles and his family came over.  We all went to eat at Chicken Express.  Afterwards they dropped Sadie off at the Stake Center for her dad to pick her up for a couple weeks.  We all then went back to the house and visited all evening long. 

Wednesday was temple day.  Bob stayed home and visited with Eric and his family while I went to the temple with Sharon, Marsha, and Charlene.  At noonish, Eric and his family went to Benbrook to visit with Michael and his family.  Bob went to Elbit for a while and then to DFW to catch a flight to Orlando, Florida.  Our day went well at the temple.  I was able to see Elder Rank who was going home the next day.   One the way home from the temple, we stopped and ate at Logan’s here in Weatherford.  Eric and his family got home from Michael’s about five minutes after I got home.  We visited until the missionaries got home.  We have a new missionary--Elder Bevan replaced Elder Stanworth.  Elder Bevan is from Star Valley, Wyoming.   We all went to bed shortly thereafter.

We were all really tired on Thursday so didn’t do much all day long.  We did go to Alvin Ord’s for lunch.  They have great sandwiches—The Salvation is the best.  That evening Robbie and his family came over to visit.  Their dog, Evangeline, had been spayed that day so she was kind of groggy.  We really had a nice visit.  Bob got home from Orlando later that night.

On Friday Angela was craving Cici’s Pizza so we went there for lunch.  That evening we all went to Mineral Wells to Robbie’s house.  Eric and Angela had never seen it.  Robbie fixed grilled hamburgers and made a large fruit salad and I’d made a large potato salad.  We stayed until the kids needed to be put to bed and then came on home.

We had to be REALLY quiet on Saturday.  Bob broadcasts his SMU class this semester from his office.  It starts at 8am and goes until 4pm, but Saturday it went until 5pm.  I was really surprised that we were able to keep the kids quiet.  We watched a lot of Pixar movies that day.  Also, Robbie, Beth, and Lauren were going to the temple so we babysat Evangeline for them.  Beth’s parents babysat Landon, Emma and Eden.  Evangeline was acting fine again.  She wanted to play with Sugar, but Sugar didn’t want to play with her.  About the time Bob got done with his class, Michael and his family came over.  We all went to Cici’s again for supper and then back to the house to visit.  Robbie, Beth, & Lauren stopped by to pick up Evangeline and stayed a while.  It was late before we got to bed and Eric & Angela still needed to pack.

The alarm went off at 4:30 yesterday morning!  Yuk!  I am not an early morning person!  I got up and got dressed.  Bob helped Eric load the car and then we left at 5.  Bob would have taken them to the airport, but he had a 6am meeting.  I was so sleepy.  It was ok going over, but not coming home.  I think the car was on automatic pilot because I don’t remember half of the trip home and I even missed our exit here in Weatherford. When I got home at 7:15, I layed down on the bed and died.  The next thing I knew it was 9:15—too late for Church.  I turned off the ringer to my phone.  The next thing I knew, Bob was home checking on me.  I slept most of the day.  When I did get up, I started reading “Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Wagon Wheels” on my Kindle. 

This morning Bob left really early to go to Boy Scout Camp with Landon at Worth Ranch about an hour or so from here.  I later got up and went to IHOP to have breakfast with Trish and Marilyn.  Afterwards I went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to get some glasses for the missionaries.  When I got home, I started watering outside and doing my “Monday Computer Chores”.   Now I’m fixin to start reading on my book again.

Hope that you have a good week.  AND check out my blog www.subell.blogspot.com  Karen posted some of the family pictures for me.




No comments: