Monday, June 27, 2011
Dear Friends and Family,
Last Monday morning I got the kitchen all cleaned. Later Greg Melven came over to visit Bob, but he wasn’t home so I visited with him until Bob got home around 2:30. In the meantime, I did a lot of watering outside to help keep the plants alive. The grass is all burning up where we don’t have a sprinkler system. I don’t remember in the 29+ years that we’ve lived in Texas, as hot a June as we’ve had this year. That afternoon Bob and I went into town—him to look at a new gun and me to grocery shop. After we got home, I mixed up enough waffle batter for the 22 missionaries that were coming over for lunch on Tuesday. I then downloaded “Sister Spy”—the fourth book in the series I’m reading. I finished it around 11:30 and then went to bed.
We had a storm during the night and got a little rain. Most of it went north of us. Tuesday morning I mended a pair of pants for Elder Clark and for Elder Bevan. Then I made a big pot of “Buttermilk Caramel Syrup” and finished making the waffle batter. The missionaries got here around 12:30 and I started cooking. I had Tonia’s waffle iron so I was able to make four at a time until we popped a circuit. The breaker wouldn’t reset so we moved both waffle irons to the other side of my kitchen and kept on cooking. All the batter was eaten and also all the caramel syrup, about a quart of regular maple syrup and a pound of butter. Everyone got plenty to eat. All 22 missionaries were gone by 2. I’m glad that we used Styrofoam plates and cups. I got the kitchen all cleaned up and then Myra Hetling, our new Relief Society president, came over and we went over the visiting teaching routes. She wanted to make a lot of changes! After she talked with me, Bob had a meeting with her. I started reading the book that Stephenie got me for Mother’s Day called “The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society” by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. As soon as Myra left, we went to Rosa’s Café for dinner. Then Bob went to interviews at the Church and I went to get gas ($3.33 gal) than I came on home and continued reading. When the missionaries got home, Elder Berghout set up my Netflix on my new Blu-ray player that Grandma got me. I’m going to like it. Just before I went to bed, a storm started, but we hardly got any rain—just lots of thunder and lightning and wind.
Wednesday was Elder Berghout’s 20th birthday. I got up and went to the temple. Sharon, Marsha and Charlene went with me. We had a good day at the temple and a good trip to and from. Just before we got to Weatherford, I texted our missionaries to meet us at On the Boarder for dinner. Rebecca Norwood also met us there. It took almost an hour for them to seat us and then by the time they brought us our meal, we had all filled up on chips and salsa. When we were through eating, they brought Elder Berghout a brownie ice cream sundae with a candle and sang Happy Birthday to him. Bob actually made it home before I did that night. I got a text from Eric. He got a 96% on his third CPA exam. One more to go!
Thursday morning I called DishNetwork and cut our service down to the bare minimum since we hardly ever use it, and I cancelled our landline with AT&T. So now, if you want to get in touch with Bob, you call 817-584-8534 and if you want to get in touch with me, you call 817-584-8535. It was after 10 before Bob left for Elbit. I visited with the missionaries for a while and worked on updating my blog. I still need to add pictures. I made reservations to fly out to Utah. Tuesday Stephenie’s family left to drive from Tomball, TX out to St. George, Utah to a Black Family Reunion. Evan leaves on Wednesday so I’m going out there to help her on Thursday. I’ll be gone about 10 days. I just piddled around here some more, started laundry, and took a nap. When I got up, I continued reading on my book. At first I didn’t like the way it was written, but it is an excellent book. Very interesting. It is a story taking place during and after the German Occupation on Guernsey Island near England and France.
Friday morning Bob went to Elbit. When I got up, I visited with the missionaries until time for them to leave. Then I went over to Jorge’s home to pick up Charles & Amber. They had dropped his truck off for Jorge to fix the a/c. We stopped by O’Reilly’s Auto Parts on the way home to get some oil and filters. We just sat around and visited when we got home. At 1, Charles and Amber went to pick up Sadie from her dad at the Stake Center. Later Bob got home. Sadie and Charles went out to pick blackberries and tomatoes and discovered three huge tomato worms stripping our tomato plants. I went in and took a nap. When I got up, Amber and Sadie were sleeping. When they woke up, we all went to eat at Cici’s Pizza. Soon after we got back to the house, Jorge brought Charles’ truck back so they left to go back to Jacksboro. I got in and finished reading my book.
I slept in on Saturday, but Bob had to get up to do his SMU class from his office. When I came out of my room, all four missionaries were here studying quietly at the table. Elder Berghout had made crepes for them for breakfast. Jorge was here changing oil, rotating tires, etc. on all three of our vehicles. I went to Walmart to do the shopping. When I got home, Jorge was mowing and weeding. I put the groceries away and finished the ward bulletin and then cleaned up the kitchen and started reading a new book “The Hourglass Door” by Lisa Mangum. After a while, I went up to the Church to work on Visiting Teaching stuff. I got all the changes made that our prez wanted me to make, but then there wasn’t any ink in the printer. Then I went down to the library and ran off the ward bulletin—they finally got ink for that Xerox machine! When I got home, I read on my book until time for bed. It is a good book!
Yesterday I went to my meetings and then came home and did absolutely nothing for a while. Later I fixed dinner for Bob and read “The Hourglass Door” to its end. I immediately downloaded the next book—“The Golden Spiral”. I wanted to start it, but it was almost midnight so I went to bed.
This morning I got up and went to breakfast with Trish at IHOP. Her grandkids sure wore her out this last week. Marilyn came soon before I left. I went to Office Max and got ink for the clerk’s office printer and then went to the Church and worked on Visiting Teaching again. There were several more changes that I needed to make. When I got home, I found another mistake so will fix that later today. Bob went to the dermatologist again for a check-up. I visited with the missionaries, did my “Monday Computer Chores” and talked to Dorias on the phone.
Well, I’ll close for now. I’ll be in Utah next Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment