Dear Friends and Family,
I didn’t feel too well last Monday evening. Bonnie said it was probably left over medicine in my system.
Tuesday was a busy day. I went to a Relief Society Presidency Meeting up at the Church. When it was over, I drove into Fort Worth to Sam’s Club to do a little shopping. From there I went to the Harmony Science Academy where Dan is the vice-principal and Michael is one of the high school math teachers. I visited with Dan then took Michael home where he and Karen helped me unload the truck. From there I went back to Weatherford. I was aching for some Chinese food so I stopped by the Mongolian Grill and ate—by myself. When I got home, I took a nap until Bob got home. He changed cloths and left again. I watched TV until I needed to go up to the Church while Bob did an interview. While up at the Church, I made some VT changes. When we got home from that, I started watching the finale of Biggest Looser, but the missionaries came home. They had gone on splits with the Stephenville missionaries. Elder Burt stayed in Stephenville and Elder Cervo who lived with us this time last year, came home. It was good to visit with him. After they went to bed at 10:30, I finished watching Biggest Looser. It was late when I finally went to bed and then I had trouble going to sleep.
Morning came mighty early Wednesday. It was temple day. I picked up Sharon & Sherrina and Marsha. We had a nice trip into Dallas. It was a good day at the temple. I was Initiatory Coordinator. We had a pretty steady stream of patrons throughout the day. When we got back to Weatherford, we went to dinner at Fuzzy’s Taco—a new place here in town where Polidos used to be located. No one was home when I got home. I watched TV until the missionaries got home. I had a good talk with Elder Burt. When Bob got home, he watched a little TV with me and we visited for a while then we went to bed.
We got notified Thursday morning that Charlotte Roquemore died of old age. She was Granny Beauchamp’s sister. I took Sugar into town to be groomed. After dropping her off, I went to Turpin Tire to get my tires rotated, dropped something off at Jim’s office for Marsha, went to Walmart, and went and got my car washed. Bob actually stayed home Thursday and worked on Church stuff and worked from his home office. Robbie came over a little after 11 to take my stitches out. I don’t think I will have much of a scar. When he left, I went to Joe’s Pasta and Pizza for Lunch with the Girls. We had a good turnout. I stopped by Puppy Luv on the way home and picked Sugar up.
She looked good. Soon after I got home, Bob and I went to Best Buy to look for Christmas presents for each other, but couldn’t find anything that we wanted or needed. We made a quick stop at Walmart on our way home. I then took a nap. Charles, Amber and Sadie dropped by on their way home from their Christmas Cruise. They had a lot of fun. They stayed and ate supper with us. Bob left shortly after they left to go into Fort Worth to see a member who isn’t doing too well. Pete Carroll went with him. I cleaned up the kitchen and then went to bed.
Friday morning I went to breakfast with Trish and Tonia at IHOP. While there, I got a call from Cookie telling me about the Provo Tabernacle. By the time I got home, it was all over facebook and the internet. It is so sad about the tabernacle, but so amazing at how fast news travels. We used to live just two blocks away from the tabernacle when we lived in Provo. We used to have stake conference in it. It is a major historical loss. After I left IHOP, I went and paid our property taxes, went to the bank, and finished off at Walmart. When I got home, Bob had received the homemade tamales that he had Jorje and Ana Torres made for us. We tried them and they were sooooo good. I laid down for a few minutes then Trish called me and wanted me to go to lunch with her, Marilyn, Mary Lynn, and Judy at Cracker Barrel. I went, but didn’t eat. Afterwards I went and got my nails done, went to the Church to open it up for someone, and then went and got my hair cut. When I got home, Bob wasn’t home—he’d gone to Jacksboro to give Charles some stuff. Soon after he got home, we went up to the Church for a baptism and to attend the wedding reception of Rie Stevens and Travis Holland. They were married in the Columbia River Temple on December 4. When we got home, I did the ward bulletin for Sunday then we went to bed.
I was so tired when I got up Saturday morning. Bob went to Charlotte Roquemore’s funeral and I made my pink salad and a green bean casserole for the Ward Christmas Party that evening. When that was done, I worked on Visiting Teaching. All four missionaries came home for lunch. We found out that Elder Burt is being transferred on Wednesday to the Denton 2nd Ward. We will be getting another greeny. Later we dropped four of our packages of tamales off and then went to Trish’s house for a family birthday party for Seth.
Afterwards Bob had an interview. A little later I went up to the Church for the Ward Christmas party. We had a nice dinner, the Primary did a short program and then Santa (Dan) came.
Yesterday Bob had been home from his mission for 42 years! Man time is flying. I lazed around all morning. It was the last Sunday that I could do it. When we get back after Christmas, our block of meetings will start at 9am instead of 1pm. Our Christmas Sacrament Meeting was nice. Kelly Nance and Dan were the narrators with the congregation doing most of the singing. The Primary sang one song and the missionaries sang another. When I got home, I wrapped a couple packages that I’d gotten recently. I had my iPhone on my iHome and was listening to Christmas songs on Pandora and enjoying every minute of it. (If you understood that, then you are with the new generation.) The missionaries came home—all four. They didn’t have a dinner appointment so Elder Collins cooked dinner for all of us while I burned CD’s for Elder Burt. Bob didn’t get home until late. The Spanish missionaries spent the night with us.
Bob got up at 3:30 this morning to take Michael, Karen, and Megan to Love Field to catch a flight to Indiana for Christmas. He got home around 7 and went back to bed. We got up an hour or so later. I visited with the missionaries then started packing for our trip. We have decided not to go to Laramie as the weather is too snowy up there. We will just go to South Jordan, Utah.
Hope that you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

No comments:
Post a Comment