Thursday, March 3, 2011


Monday, February 28, 2011

Dear Friends and Family,

Can you believe February is almost gone!  What a week I’ve had. 

Last Monday evening I read on my Kindle “Eldest” until I went to bed.

Tuesday was Katie’s 9th birthday and Richard & Robert’s 6th birthday.  That morning Dorias called and woke me up.  Oh, what a tangled web we weave. I love it though.  More about it to follow in my letter.  Trish called me later to come to brunch at IHOP.  I got dressed and went over.  Tonia & Seth got there shortly thereafter.  When we were just finishing, Charlene Pope came.  We visited longer than I had planned.  When I got home I did the laundry and loaded up all the trash and took it down to the street then read on my Kindle.  James Carter came over and moved in.  He will be here a week or so while they have tons of company down at their house.  Later I got ready and went over to Trish’s house to help celebrate Katie’s birthday. Seth, Katie, and Madison were at Trish’s house when I got there.  Soon after my arrival, Dan & Tonia and Reagan showed up.  The kids didn’t have a clue that Dan was coming home from Wyoming.  We walked down and saw how Dan’s house is coming along and then back up to Trish’s to have birthday cake.  Tonia’s brother, Josh, and his family came over along with Trish’s neighbor, Corola.  When I got home I cleaned the kitchen and then read until time to go to bed.

Wednesday morning I got ready to go to the temple.  I only had to pick Marsha up because Sharon was having all of her family come in from Utah, Florida, Vermont, etc.  We had a good day at the temple except for when I told the temple president to shhhhh.  There were a small group of male temple workers visiting too loudly—they did not have their temple voices on.  So I shhhhhhed them.  I didn’t realize that the president was in that group.  But they shouldn’t have been visiting so loudly in the first place.  Oh well.  Afterwards Marsha and I ate at Logan’s Steakhouse in Weatherford.  When I got home, I was really tired.  I checked my email and facebook then went to bed.  I didn’t even hear the missionaries come home.  I did talk to Bob before I went to bed.

Thursday morning I got up, packed and headed to Boerne.  Before I left town, I went by the license plate place and renewed the plates on my car and went by and got gas.  It was up to $3.09.   I was on the road by 9.  I stopped in Lampasas for a potty break.  I got to Dorias’ house about 1:30.  She knew that I was coming to take Rebecca to see “Wicked” at the theatre in San Antonio, but she did not know that I was coming also for her birthday.  Rebecca didn’t know that I was coming at all.  Mark knew the whole thing. This is why all the phone calls and emails and texts.  The twins were really excited to see me after school.  Then later we went to pick Rebecca up at school.  She usually rides home with Matthew, but he had to stay after school for something.  Anyway, she was really surprised to see me.  Then Dorias showed her the tickets to “Wicked”.  She was on cloud 9 because she was actually going to get to see it before any of her friends at school and she didn’t think she was even going to get to see it at all.  Bob called to tell me that EADS in Alabama that he has been working with, lost their bid for some contract so he doesn’t have to go back to Alabama anymore.  We were both glad about that, but sad for the people in Mobile.  That would have meant 40,000 jobs for the people over there.  Anyway Rebecca and I got all dressed up and left a little after 6.  We drove to the Majestic Theatre in San Antonio.  Thank goodness for GPS’s.  Then there was the parking.  We had to drive up to the 7th floor before we found a spot which was between a truck and a roof support thingy.  I pulled in crooked and couldn’t move because I only had about an inch before I hit that bar. I couldn’t move forward or backward.  I was in a predicament!  I decided to just leave it and figure it out after the play.  BUT I couldn’t get it out of my mind and I’m not usually a worrier.  The play was fantastic.  We had good seats and it was just plain good.  Afterwards when we got back to the car, I decided that we had to wait until all the cars above us stopped going out.  Then I could back up carefully in the same direction that I went in (I’m not a backer upper er).  We had to wait for quite a while as there were three floors of cars above us, but finally I was able to do it.  The car just slipped out of that space.  I was really surprised.  Heavenly Father had to be watching out for me.  Then we both had to go to the bathroom.  That area of San Antonio is not the place for two girls to go searching for a bathroom so we headed back towards Boerne.  We finally found a place to stop, but they had just closed.  The guy let us in anyway—thank goodness.  It was almost 1 before we got home and Rebecca had school the next morning.
Dorias let us sleep in Friday morning.  I would have anyway.  Rebecca skipped Seminary.  Dorias woke Rebecca up and then took the twins to school.  Rebecca rode to school with Matthew.  I was up when Dorias got home.  Later we went into town to do some errands.  We ended up at Bumdoodler’s for lunch. We went back to her house for a while then took their truck in to be serviced.  By then it was time to go pick up the twins from school.  When we got home from that, Dorias started trying to put together four chairs that she bought off the internet. I think we put each chair together a couple times before they were done right—lousy instructions.  Rebecca fixed dinner for us.  Afterwards we watched a terrible movie called “Megamind”.  Rebecca and I were both having trouble staying awake so we went to bed.  When Bob called, he told me that we had three house guests staying here from the Carter’s reunion.

Saturday morning Dorias woke us up a few minutes before 8 and told us that we had to take Robert to his basketball game while she took Richard to his soccer game.  Mark had already left to go speak at a “Little Philmont” meeting and Matthew had gone to work.  The game was cute to watch—a bunch of 3-6 year olds.  Afterwards we came home.  I did the ward bulletin and emailed it to Bob.  Matthew got home a little later and then Dorias and Richard got home.  Dorias and I took Rebecca up to the high school for some choir thing at 11:30.  Mark got home just as we were leaving.  Soon after Dorias and I got home, Mark & Dorias left for their long date into San Antonio: to the Majestic to see “Wicked” in Prime seating, to Ruth’s Chris Steak House for dinner, and finally to a suite in a Marriot Hotel for the night.  All of us at home took a nap.  I went to pick Rebecca up from school when she texted me.  We watched TV and then later I had to take her back for the actual concert—she wasn’t in it, her school was hosting it.  I went to get gas on the way home.  It was $3.19.  When I got home, I took care of the chickens and fed the boys.  Later Rebecca texted me to come pick her up again.  Bonnie called me when we got back to the house.  She was fretting over the talk that she had to give in Church on Sunday. We watched TV until I got the little boys in bed, and then I read on my Kindle.  Matthew went over to a friend’s house.

Yesterday was Dorias’ 39th birthday.  Rebecca fed the little boys before I got up.  We watched TV for a while then I got dressed and loaded up my car.  Dorias & Mark got home around noon.  Everyone except Richard and I got ready for Church.  Richard wasn’t feeling good.  Dorias decided to stay home and watch him so that I could leave.  I headed for home a little after 1 and arrived here around 5:30.  Bob was home, but had to leave shortly thereafter for meetings/interviews/visits.  Bonnie called.  Her talk turned out really well, which I knew it would.  I read on my Kindle until Bob got home again. 

This morning it was 67° when I got up, but then it dropped down into the 40’s.  When I got home yesterday, I noticed that in our area the grass is starting to turn green and the trees are budding out again.  I need to call and get my lawn tractor serviced for this year!  Elder Struhs found out this morning that he is being transferred tomorrow to Arlington on an Emergency Transfer.  We are getting a missionary from Kaysville, Utah.  And Elder Carlson is leaving for Mexico tomorrow.

Well, I’m going to quit and go spend some time with my hubby.  I’m still not dressed and I need to do some chores around here before I continue reading on “Eldest” in my Kindle.  Hope that you have a good week.


No comments: