Monday, January 17, 2011
Dear Friends and Family,
As I left you last week, I was at Stephenie’s in Tomball, TX. After the kids and Evan went to bed, Stephenie and I played with her new Kindle that I got her for her birthday. She loves to read and will really enjoy it. Later we went to bed.
I got up Tuesday morning and took the three girls to school. When I got back to the house, we (Stephenie, her three boys, and me) got ready and went to Sam’s Club, to the mall to find some new pants for Stephenie, and finally to Chipotle for lunch. When we got back to Stephenie’s, I downloaded all those old slides to her computer, we watched them, and then I packed up and headed home. When I got back to Weatherford, I stopped at Bed, Bath & Beyond and bought next year’s Christmas presents for the kids, got gas at Walmart, and then stopped by the Church to enter my visiting teaching report. When I finally got home, Sugar was so excited to see me. BUT she was purple and hot pink! The missionaries had dyed her hair again. She smelled like grapes. I unloaded the car and then went to bed. It was freezing outside!
Wednesday was temple day again. I decided to wear make-up which I haven’t been wearing for the last long while. Everyone complimented my hair which I hadn’t done anything differently, but didn’t notice the make-up. I was the Initiatory Coordinator that day. It was extremely slow at the temple, but it was a good day. We ate at the Mongolian Grill when we got back to Weatherford. I went to bed shortly after I got home. I don’t know why going to Dallas wears me out so much. I did get a call from Dan asking if he could come over and shower at my house on Thursday morning. Their pipes broke. He said he’d be over at 5am.
It was so cold when I got up on Thursday morning—28°F. I did not want to get up, but I did. I met April Bird at Maria Calixto’s home to visit teach her. We had a nice visit. Afterwards I met Trish, Tonia, Seth, and Marilyn at IHOP for lunch. We stayed and visited for a long while. Tonia said that Dan did come over, but I never heard him and neither did Sugar. After IHOP, I went and got my nails done at Miracle Nails then came on home. All four missionaries were here studying. I talked to all three of my girls and Bob at different times during the day. That afternoon I updated my blog—added more pictures to some older blogs. I also looked at my kids’ blogs. Some of the kids are good at keeping them up and others aren’t. You can link to the kids’ blogs through my blog at www.subell.blogspot.com. That evening I watched TV until I went to bed. My iPhone locked up for about three hours so I wasn’t able to use it. Finally Gerin fixed it when he got home.
Friday morning I didn’t want to get up, but I did. Bob called from Fort Worth. He landed at 8am from Alabama. He went directly to Elbit to work. When he called around 10, he had had an interesting morning. First of all he got on the wrong plane—correct destination, but wrong time. When he got to Elbit, they had changed security badges for the 2011 year. They couldn’t find his paperwork, but went ahead and gave him a badge, but it wouldn’t work to get into some secure areas that he needed in so he had to go back and get that fixed. Then he found out that his car now needed a parking sticker at Elbit so he had to go out in the cold and find out his license plate number. That is when he called me to get the license plate number of his truck since he does drive it there occasionally. I was just going to get cleaned up for the day when Sugar heard someone at the front door. It was the UPS man. He brought me my new Kindle that I got with the money that Grandma gave me for Christmas plus a little bit more that I put with it. Thanks Grandma. I am really going to enjoy my Kindle. So anyone out there, if you have some good books to suggest, let me know their titles and/or authors. I then got ready and went into town. I went to Bed, Bath & Beyond then met Trish, Tonia, Seth, and Corola at IHOP for lunch. Afterwards I went to the Pure Water Station, dropped some cloths off at someone’s house and finally went to the Church to work on Visiting Teaching. They were out of paper so I couldn’t run off the stuff that I needed to so I went home. Bob was home when I got there. After a while we went into town. He dropped me off at the Church so I could print out that stuff (I took my own paper). In the meantime, he went and dropped shirts off at the cleaners and went and picked up his electric guitar that was being fixed. While there, he bought an amplifier for it with the money Grandma gave him for Christmas. Then he picked me up and we came on home. We were going to go to the movie to see “Narnia”, but I think he decided that he wanted to play with his guitar. I didn’t mind. He fixed supper, we ate, we cleaned up the kitchen, and then I worked on visiting teaching, I did most of the laundry and I read.
Saturday morning Bob got up and went to Elbit for a half day. I slept in—of course. Dan came over to barrow a Monkey Wrench to fix his water problem. After he left, I cleaned up the kitchen and worked on Su’s Cookbook that I’ve been compiling for over 20 years. I also did the Ward Bulletin and Missionaries’ Meal Calendar and got the 2011 lesson schedule for Priesthood and Relief Society ready to print off. Later Bob and I went into town. We stopped at the Church and I ran my stuff off while he worked on something else. Then we went to Rosa's Café to eat and finished off at Super Save to do a little shopping. When we got home, Bob and I made a Sheppard Pie for Linger Longer on Sunday. I went to bed after we got the kitchen cleaned up again.
I hate to get up each morning. I think I could stay in bed all day long—every day. We have early meetings now this year. Consequently, I got all the stuff done the night before so I didn’t have to do it on Sunday morning. I need to do that even when we have late meetings. It was nice to not have to do it before Church. Anyway, our meetings went great. Afterwards we had our Linger Longer Potluck Luncheon. All that came really enjoyed it. When I got home, I called Bonnie to see how her first Primary day went as the new Primary President. She did great as I knew she would. She said that Jarom told her that she needed to be a little more enthusiastic. I think that will naturally come for her. I took a nap then read on my Kindle—“A Voice in the Wind” by Francine Rivers until we went to bed.
That was a rough night last night. Sugar woke me up twice and she woke Bob up once to go out. She usually sleeps through the night. I had to get up several times to go myself. Maybe that is why I am so tired all the time—I don’t get a good night’s sleep because I have to get up so often. You’d think I was pregnant or something. At my age I think it is something. I might look pregnant, but I’m not. Anyway, Bob went to work at Elbit in Fort Worth today. I don’t know what I’m going to do, but I need to get dressed and get it done whatever it is.
Hope that you have a good week.
No comments:
Post a Comment