Dear Friends and Family,
I didn’t accomplish anything last Monday, but I did have an enjoyable day. I read on my Kindle all day long. That evening I actually fixed supper. When Bob got home from work, we ate then watched CSI-Miami and CSI-New York. Both episodes were lousy. We went to bed afterwards.
Tuesday Bob was gone when I got up. I called Stephenie. She is sure enjoying her Kindle also. I then got ready to go to Relief Society. We had a great turnout. We learned about sprouting, about harvesting your own seeds for your garden, and about growing your own herbs. Then we had salad afterwards—not salad from bags, but real green salads with everything but the kitchen sink in them. They were heavenly. When I got home, Gerin’s dad was here with him. They left after a few minutes to go shopping for his mission stuff. I then continued to read on my Kindle. I love it! Usually after a couple hours of reading my eyes start to get blurry. But with the Kindle, I can just increase the font and keep on reading. It is great! When Bob got home later that evening, we had a nice visit then went to bed.
Wednesday was temple day. Bob and I got up about the same time. He got ready to go to Elbit then I got ready to go to the temple. I bathed Sugar when I took my shower. She is almost white again except for the pink topknot on her head. I didn’t like her purple. It looked dingy like you’d washed your black socks or jeans in with your whites—several times. She is pretty and fluffy again. I picked up Sharon and Marsha then we headed for the temple. There was an accident or something on Loop 12 in Dallas so we took the scenic route to get there. Thank goodness for GPS’s. I wasn’t a coordinator that day—just a regular worker. It was nice for a change. We had a nice trip home again. We stopped at Olive Garden for supper. When I got home, Gerin was the only one home. We visited for a while until Bob got home. I went into the Laundry Room and discovered a puddle between Sugar’s cage and the washing machine. We have a drain in the floor beneath the washing machine so I don’t know how bad it is leaking or how long it has been leaking. Now we are debating if we get new ones or get the old one repaired. Later I got on facebook and saw that an old friend of mine, Gary Cowan, was requesting me as a friend. Gary was my first date, but I liked his twin brother, Larry. They lived across the street from the Magill’s in Roswell.
It was 30° when I got up on Thursday. The high for the day was reached after midnight that morning. It was also my niece, Stacy’s, 48th birthday. I went to Lunch with the Girls at Joe’s Pasta & Pizza. We had a lousy turnout, but the company that did go was fun. Bonnie called me as I was going. While there, Cookie and Dorias called me. I read on my book all afternoon until I finished it and then started the sequel. Both books are fantastic. They are in “The Mark of the Lion” series by Francine Rivers. The first book is “A Voice in the Wind” and the second book is “An Echo in the Darkness”. I read until Bob got home from teaching his SMU class. It was after 11.
Friday it was in the teens when I got up. I made a new Sourdough Starter—the missionaries emptied my jar and washed it while I was in Houston a week or so ago! I don’t know how many years I’d had that starter going. Anyway, it’s gone so I’ve started a new one. I also did the laundry—the washer didn’t leak! The rest of the day I just read. That evening Gerin packed up to move back with his parents. He will be leaving for the MTC tomorrow then on to the Denver Colorado North Mission. He is a good kid and I have enjoyed having him here for the past few weeks.
Bob had to go pre-record a lecture for this coming Thursday on Saturday morning. He will be in Toronto, Canada on Thursday so can’t teach his class. When I got up, I cleaned the kitchen and did a few other household chores, did the Ward Bulletin and then read on my Kindle. Later that evening, Bob and I went into town, ran off the Ward Bulletin at the Church, went to Super Save and then came on home. We ate supper, I read some more, and then I had to go back into town—I’d forgotten to get flour. Bob didn’t go with me. That was creepy. I couldn’t believe all the weirdoes that come out at night. I guess I’ve never noticed them when Bob was with me. When I got back home, I read some more then went to bed.
Sunday morning I put a pork roast in to cook and then got ready for Church. I went to Sacrament Meeting and Sunday School in our Ward then went to Sacrament Meeting in the Young Single Adult Branch. Charles, Amber & Sadie came also. Gerin was giving his farewell talk.
He did a great job. Afterwards, Charles and his family came home with me. Charles fixed lunch then I started some hot rolls, but they never did raise—I think it was too cold in my kitchen or something. They helped me fix the rest of our evening meal. Gerin came over to eat with us and to tell us good-bye. After he left, Bob packed and left for the airport. He was flying out to Alabama. Charles downloaded digital copies of the last three trays of slides and two of my picture albums to my hard drive. Amber helped clean up the kitchen. After they left, I looked at my pictures. One of the albums was when I was in junior high and in high school and the other was in 1972 when Dorias was born. It was fun looking at them. I talked to Stephenie and Bonnie on the phone. Then I mixed up sourdough waffle batter for the 22 missionaries that were coming over today for lunch—20 cups warm milk, 20 cups flour and the starter. After that I went to bed.
This morning I got up and cleaned my room then went to IHOP for breakfast with Trish, Dan & Tonia and two of their kids. When I got home, I finished making the waffle batter. The missionaries started arriving at 11. I cooked waffles until almost 1. We have two new winners. Elder Carroll held the record with 4 ¼ waffles. Now Elder Tauteoli and Elder Moli (both Tongans)
are the champions with 4 ½ each. We had a sister missionary try to beat Elder Carroll, but she didn’t quite make it. Afterwards most of the missionaries went outside and played football. A couple stayed in and played pool while a couple more stayed in the music room and played. They are having a ball.
Well, I’m going to get this going. Hope that you have a good week.
No comments:
Post a Comment