Monday, January 31, 2011

My Weekly Letter ending on 1/31/2011

Monday, January 31, 2011

Dear Friends and Family,

Can you believe January is already gone?  There are only 11 more months until 2012.

Last Monday afternoon after all the missionaries left, I read some and then took a little nap.  When I woke up, it was dark outside!  I messed around on my computer some and then read in my Kindle until I went to bed.

Tuesday morning I did some housework then read on my Kindle until late afternoon.  That evening I decided to watch TV so I watched NCIS, CSI, the Mentalist and Castle.  I did get to talk to Bob several times during the day and Dorias called and talked to me on her way to San Antonio.  Jorge finished taking down our old barn and got it cleaned up out there.  He is such a good worker and a good man.

Bob called me Wednesday morning to let me know that he was on his way to Ottawa, Canada.  Wednesday was temple day.  Judy Sparks went with Sharon, Marsha and me.  We stopped off at the book store on the way.  I got two new CD’s and a book for Bob that he has been wanting.  I was Initiatory Coordinator for the day.  We had a steady stream of patrons which was nice.  When we got back to Weatherford, we ate at Appleby’s.  When I got home, I looked for a CD that I thought that I had, but couldn’t find it.  Marsha needed it for a class she was teaching Thursday evening.  Since I couldn’t find it, I downloaded it and burnt a copy for her.  I also found my picture of “My Three White Dresses” for her to use.  I looked at pictures for a while on my computer then went to bed.

Thursday morning when I got up, I started downloading old songs that we used to play when I was in school: “Alley Oop”, “The Witch Doctor”, “The Purple People Eater”, “Ahab the Arab”, etc.  It was fun.  I used the iTunes gift card that I got for Christmas.  Later Marsha came over to get the stuff that I got out for her.  I messed around with iTunes and my music for a while longer.  All four missionaries came in and fixed tacos.  Elder Collins was a chef before he was a missionary so he is a good cook.  I think my nephew, Jimmy, is better.  After they all left, I took a short nap then read in my Kindle until I went to bed.  Bob called me from Chicago around 8.  He was on his way home.  He said that Canada was beautiful, but cold and not the USA.  It was after 1 when he got home.

Friday morning Bob and I went into town to Bennett’s Office Supply and to Walmart and Subway for an early lunch and finally to Gibson’s.  When we got home, he worked on work while I ordered our quarterly prescriptions then read in my Kindle some more.  Dorias called and we talked for a long while.  I fixed supper and we ate.   I read a little bit more then Bob and I had a date night—at home.  We watched the movie RED and then watched Secretariat.  Both were excellent movies!
Saturday morning we had a Child of Record Baptism for three kids in our ward.  The problem was that they couldn’t find the baptismal cloths.  They were finally discovered in the trunk of the Spanish Missionaries’ car—wet and molded.  I washed and bleached them.  Luckily they came clean.  I talked to Bonnie for a while.  When Bob got home from the baptism, he cleaned the floors and I cleaned the bathrooms.  We discovered that wasn’t water on the floor between Sugar’s cage and the washer like we had thought.  It was liquid laundry soap! It looked like someone had actually just opened the spigot and let it run.  When we were finished cleaning, I read on my Kindle until we went over to Trish’s house in Brock.  She was having a foundation poured for an addition to her house.  Then we walked over to the back of their property with Dan to see the foundation that had been poured for his family a new house.  They will start trying to sell their current house as soon as the new one is livable.  We didn’t stay long.  It was 80°.  Not bad for a January afternoon in Texas.  We are starting to have to water our trees and such because they are starting to bud out.  The cold weather isn’t over yet.  When we got back home, I fixed supper then read until time to eat.  I finished the third and last book in the “Mark of the Lion” series by Francine Rivers.  They were excellent books.  After we ate, I cleaned up the kitchen then worked on some finances for Bob while he went to another baptism.  Afterwards I did the ward bulletin and the missionary calendar.  We visited with the missionaries some.  Elder Romero is being transferred back to Fort Worth.  We will be getting a new Spanish Missionary on Wednesday.  The two Tongan missionaries that broke our waffle eating contest last Monday are both going home.  They have served their two years well.

We woke up to dense fog and cooler temperatures on Sunday.  Bob got a new second counselor.  They released Michael Franco and put Steven Banks in.  He has sure gone through the counselors, but this is the first time that the Stake hasn’t taken one or he hasn’t moved.  Our meetings went well.  When I got home, I put a pot of stew on to cook for when Bob would get home.  Then I did the ward bulletin for February 13.  I then took a nap until Bob got home.  We ate and then he went back up to the Church.  I watched Law and Order until 3 this morning.  Eric called me while I was watching TV.  He is preparing to take his second CPA test next month.

This morning was cooler when I got up.  I actually got up about the same time that I always do which was remarkable since I’d stayed up most of the night watching TV.  I worked on my computer most of the morning.  A cold front is coming in this evening.  We might get an ice storm tonight.  We will see.  You can never tell about Texas weather.

Hope that you have a good week.

No comments: