Monday, May 9, 2011
Dear Friends and Family,
Today would have been my mom & dad’s 69th anniversary.
We had a busy day last Monday. After Grandma’s missionaries had their inspection, we left to go town. We went to lunch at the China Gourmet, but it was hardly any Chinese and it wasn’t Gourmet. The price was right though. From there we went to the LDS Distribution Center, REI, DSW Shoes, VF Factory Outlet, Bon Worth, and finally ended up at the IKEA store. We stayed there for a while. On the way home, we decided to drive by Angela’s parents’ home to see what it looked like. We went there last December, but it was dark and foggy. Just as we were driving by, we saw her Dad and waved at him. I doubt if it clicked who we were. They have such a beautiful view of the Utah Valley. They live way up on the back side of the Point of the Mountain. From there we stopped at JCPennys and then home. It was almost dark. While I was working on my computer, one of the missionaries got Lucy and took her down stairs. When she came back up again, she was blue.
I got an email from Amber on Monday telling me that they have finally started a blog. Their address is www.charlesambersadie.blogspot.com. When I got up Tuesday morning I decided to check it out. To my delighted surprise, they announced that they are pregnant. She is due on December 3. That will make 23 grandbabies for Bob and me. We are so excited for them. We had a busy, but fun day on Tuesday. We got ready and went to Lehi to pick up Cookie’s daughter, Amber. From there we drove to the IKEA store and had breakfast—only 99¢ for a small breakfast and $1.99 for a large breakfast. Then we went to see Cookie’s son, Don, in Provo. They are in the process of remodeling their home. Then we went to the Art Museum of Springville to pick up Cookie’s granddaughter, Savannah’s picture that had been displayed. We really enjoyed looking at all the pictures—except for the abstract ones. From there we went to BYU. I got Bob two surprises. Next we stopped in Orem at Stacy’s work to drop off a Thumb Drive of all the pictures that I’d put on it of Stacy. Then we went to Rod Works. That is a really nice store. Beth would die in there—she’d break the bank. Then we went to Winco to get some stuff for Cookie’s daughter, Andrea; dropped Amber back off in Lehi; went to Sonic for a hamburger and then went home. We were exhausted.
Wednesday was temple day and Robbie & Beth’s 15th anniversary. We went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple and did 14 initiatories and two endowments. Then we went to the Draper Temple and did two endowments. From there we went to eat at Guadalahonky’s, a Mexican restaurant. It was good! Last we went to the Jordan River Temple and did six sealings. It was a long day. It took nine hours to do all that. And again we were exhausted when we got home.
Thursday was Emma’s and Lucy’s 9th birthday and Cinco de Mayo. Grandma wanted us to do something special for Lucy, but…. Cookie’s Amber was going to come and hang out on Thursday, but she called and cancelled. Cookie and I went to Lindon to the Shelf Reliance Company to order shelves for our food storage, but were told it would be cheaper to order them through a consultant. One just happened to be there. She asked us to come to her house that evening and she would demonstrate their shelves and food items. We went back to South Jordan, went to Target, stopped and ate supper at Kneader’s, and went by the house to let Lucy out. Then we drove back to Lindon and went to the lady’s house. The food was freeze dried and VERY delicious—a lot better than dehydrated. I ordered some food and shelves for our storage room to rotate our #10 cans of food storage on. Cookie and I were really impressed. The missionaries got home a little after we did. We visited with them and then they went downstairs and Cookie & I went to bed and watched TV until we fell asleep.
Friday was Sadie’s 9th birthday. I worked on Visiting Teaching and I did the Ward Bulletin in the morning. In the afternoon we went to see a matinee in Jordan Landing. We saw the movie “Something Barrowed”. A total disappointment. Then we came home and watched TV and Cookie fixed a nice Cod dinner and I supervised. We watched TV afterwards until time to go to bed.
Saturday we cleaned out a bunch more on Grandma’s cupboards and freezers. Then that evening we met Nathen Pope and his fiancée, Roxanne, at the Texas Roadhouse for dinner. It was soo good to see Elder Pope again and to meet his girl. I love them both. We stayed and visited for two hours. It was hard to tell them good-bye, but I’ll see them again in a couple weeks for their wedding. Cookie and I went to bed shortly after we got home.
Yesterday was Mother’s Day. Dorias, Bonnie and Eric called me. Robbie got me a beautiful corsage with 8 white rose buds, Stephenie and Eric each got me a new book on my Kindle, and Charles got me a really nice card. Dan facebooked me since he’s out in the oilfields again. And Michael made me something special that is sitting on my table when I get home tomorrow. We went to Church at Cookie’s Amber’s ward in Lehi. Amber’s new husband was speaking. He did a great job. When we got back here to Grandma’s, we ate and then I took a nice long nap. When I got up, it was raining which was causing the blossoms to fall off the trees so it looked like it was snowing again. We watched TV until we went to bed.
This morning we washed sheets and cloths and then went to the Distribution Center to pick up some stuff for Bob. From there we stopped at Leatherby’s for ice cream, got a map of Utah, and went to Walmart. It rained all morning. When we got home, we put a big pot of soup on to cook and are now fixin to watch TV.
I’ll be home to the Great State of Texas and to my lover tomorrow! Hope that you have a good week.
No comments:
Post a Comment