Monday, May 16, 2011 (Kaylee’s 2nd birthday)
Dear Friends and Family,
It rained all day last Monday in South Jordan, Utah. Cookie and I still went out to do some last minute shopping. We ate supper at Kneaders then came home and packed. We watched TV until about 10:45 then left to go pick up Grandma at the Amtrak place in downtown Salt Lake City. It was midnight before we got back and about 12:30 before we got to bed. Grandma had a good time on her vacation and Lucy was sure glad for her to be home.
Our alarm went off at 5:45 Tuesday morning. We were not ready to get up! Cookie and I loaded up the car and left. She dropped me off at the airport and then she headed for Huntington where she lives. The plane left at 8:10 MDT and touched down at DFW at 11:25 CDT. Bob was waiting for me. It was so good to be home. We stopped at Posada’s Café for lunch and then headed back to Weatherford. Sugar was glad to see me. The missionaries had dyed her red and blue and left part of her white. They said it was the TEXAS flag. Michael had made be a huge plate of his Chocolate Chip Cookies. There was a Mother’s Day card from Bonnie. In it was her description of her Mom—the same form that she handed out in her Primary for the kids to fill out for their moms. She did a good job. I will always treasure it. Also, there was the purse in the mail that Dorias had made me. We got the pattern and fabric while we were at the Shop Hop in April. It is red and black and really pretty. She did a fantastic job. After a while I laid down and took a nap. I was really tired. When I got up, I read a little on my Kindle “Maze Runner” and worked on the missionaries’ meal calendar. We went to bed early that evening.
Wednesday was temple day. I picked up Marsha. We had a great day at the temple—I learned some new things. Since it was pouring down rain when it was getting to be time to go home, they let us go a half hour early. When we finally got back to Weatherford, we stopped at On the Boarder for dinner. I went to bed shortly after I got home. I was exhausted.
Thursday morning I got up and went to breakfast with Trish, Judy, Dan & Tonia, and the kids at IHOP. Soon after I got back home, Darryl & Cindy Cunningham dropped by to see us. They were on their way from a job in Mississippi to home in Idaho. I sure miss them. They used to live down the street in what is now the Payne’s home. After they left, we got ready to go to Charles’ graduation in Gainesville, TX up near the Oklahoma boarder. Amber’s parents and Sadie sat with us. Amber didn’t go—she was sick. Charles actually gets pinned in August, but they don’t have a formal graduation then. Afterwards we all drove to Decatur, TX for dinner at Casa Torres. It was good. We had an enjoyable evening. Bob dropped me off at Trish’s house in Brock on the way home. We had a slumber party. Judy Sparks, Marilyn Gay and Corola Botzer were there also. We watched the Twilight movies and talked until 2am when we finally went to bed. Then Trish and I talked probably another hour before we went to sleep.
Friday morning we were all awake by 7:30. Dan & Tonia and the kids came over after dropping the girls off at school. Then we all got ready and went to breakfast at Mikey’s there in Brock. Bob met us there. Afterwards Bob went over to see Dan & Tonia’s new house. They were sheet rocking it. Judy, Corolla and I drove out to Baby’s Nursery in Lipan just past the Brazos River. I bought enough flowers to fill the back of our truck—32 Blue Bells, 140 multi colored Penta (Star Flowers) and 40 scarlet Purslane (a type of Portulaca). When I got home, Bob wasn’t home so I laid down and took a much needed nap. I just couldn’t wake up the rest of the day—I moped around here. Finally I went back to bed around 8:30 and slept the rest of the night.
Saturday morning we went up to the Church. I worked on my April Visiting Teaching report while Bob did an interview. Then we went to Walmart to do our weekly shopping. It was a really beautiful day. When we got home, I worked on my May Visiting Teaching and then took a nap. When I got up, I read on “Maze Runner” until I went to bed for the night.
Sunday was a busy day. After I got ready to go to Church, I got a spiral ham ready to cook at the Church for Linger Longer and then left. When I got there, I put the ham in the oven and ran off the ward bulletin. Our meetings and luncheon went well. I went home for a little bit and then went and picked Bob up. We drove to Mineral Wells to see Lauren’s Spring Concert—she plays the clarinet. We sat with Dale & Joan Wendt—Lauren’s other grandparents. Robbie & Beth didn’t go. I dropped Bob back off at the Church when it was over and then went home and read on “Maze Runner” until I went to bed.
This morning I got up and helped Bob place where we wanted all the flowers planted. Jorge got there just as I was leaving to go have breakfast with the gang at IHOP. After we ate, I went to Bed Bath & Beyond, Michael’s, the bank, and the license plate place to get Bob’s truck license renewed (it expired in March). When I got home, Jorge almost had all my plants planted. They sure look nice and will look even nicer when they really start blooming. I talked to Dorias and Cookie. Earlier I talked to Bonnie. She was getting fingerprinted for her new job in the ER at a hospital about 30 minutes from their townhouse. This is her dream job.
Well, I must close. I have tons to do before I leave for Utah on Thursday morning. Hope that you have a good week.
No comments:
Post a Comment