Monday, March 21, 2011
Dear Friends and Family,
I am back in good old Weatherford. I’ll actually be here for a couple weeks before I leave again to go back down to the San Antonio area for the annual Bluebonnet Quilt Shop Hop.
Last Monday was a good day. The twins played all day long outside or inside with their Legos or with those annoying games on the TV. I got calls from Grandma, Eric, Bonnie and my supervisor from the temple. And, of course, from Bob. His iPhone 4 was dying. The touch screen didn’t work anymore. I also did a bunch of texting to Amber and Stephenie. We continued to get about 9 eggs a day from the chickens. Too bad that the boys won’t eat eggs! I was able to read most of the day.
Tuesday was Stephenie and Evan’s 15th anniversary. Dorias texted me that morning. They were in Mississippi on their way home from Disney World. The bus driver had dozed off a couple times earlier during the night and Rebecca was sick with a head cold. I told her how good the boys had been—a big mistake. Soon afterwards they started fighting and continued over dumb little things. That lasted most of the rest of the day—Robert crying and Richard egging him on. After supper we picked up the house, I put them both in the tub, got them ready for bed, let them watch “The Army of Helaman” and then put them to bed. It was nice and peaceful and I read. Much, much later, Dorias and Rebecca got home from their trip to Disney World. They were exhausted, but had a lot of fun. We visited a while then finally went to bed.
The twins woke up in good moods on Wednesday. At 9, Dorias and Rebecca left to go to San Antonio for Rebecca’s oral surgery. She was getting the “Chains of Pain” put in her mouth. This is what I understand happened: Rebecca has always been really slow cutting her teeth. She was in second grade before she lost her first baby tooth. They have been waiting and waiting for her permanent eye teeth to come in so that they could put braces on her. So on Wednesday they went in to pull her two baby eye teeth and to put chains on her permanent eye teeth to pull them down. But when they got in there, they found out that there was a bone ridge in there preventing the eye teeth from coming down. They had to chip away that ridge, attach brackets to the permanent eye teeth, put chains on them and then attach the chains to the wires of her upper braces. Now they will have something to pull those permanent eye teeth down with. Dorias texted me a little after 11 to let me know that Rebecca was trying to wake up and they would be coming back home after that happened. While they were gone, Bob, Sharon Carter and Bonnie called me. Bob got a brand new iPhone 4—free because his old one was less than a year old. He had to go to an Apple store and not an AT&T store. They were able to transfer all of his old data to his new phone. Bob had finished his business in San Francisco and was driving to Bakersfield to visit Eric’s family. When Dorias and Rebecca got home from the surgery center, we put Rebecca in a recliner because she was supposed to not lie flat, but at a 30° angle. We gave her the meds that we were supposed to and then she slept almost 24 hours. I’d wake her up every 4 hours to give her more meds—that went on all through the night. I finished reading Bisingr around 11:30. I really enjoyed the first three books of the series, but the fourth and final book isn’t out yet! I then slept on the couch so that I could be of help to Rebecca.
Saint Patrick’s Day dawned at 4:30 for the twins. They were so excited. You would have thought it was Christmas. Stephenie started this idea of the kids decorating treasure chests so that the Leprechauns could bring small gifts. The boys had decorated their boxes the night before while I was reading and watching Rebecca. When I gave the meds to her at 9:30 that morning, she actually stayed awake for about two hours before drifting back off to sleep. In the meantime, Dorias and the twins packed up their van and headed to Mineral Wells State Park for the first annual Bell Family Campout. Anyway, while Rebecca was sleeping, I started reading “Princess Bride” on my Kindle. When Rebecca finally woke up, she was feeling much better and wanted to go to Weatherford so we packed up and left. We didn’t get back here until almost 10 that evening. Rebecca slept the whole way. I met our new missionary when we got home. He is Elder Berghout from Ogden, Utah. Elder Lao trained him. Bob took Eric’s family to Disney Land for the day.
Friday morning Rebecca and I got up and went to breakfast at IHOP before going on our campout with the family. Trish, Tonia & her four kids were there, but they were just finishing. After we ate, we drove to Mineral Wells State Park and found the rest of our group. Charles, Michael, and Robbie were there with their families along with Dorias and the twins. It was hot with no shade and little breeze—if any. I am not a camper, but I had fun visiting with everyone. We went over to the lake after lunch. The kids had fun playing in the cold water and playing in the sand. When we started to get sun burnt, we went back to our campsite and visited while the kids played some more. Robbie and his family left before we ate supper. Charles grilled yummy hamburgers. After we ate, we went back over to the lake. It was much cooler by then. The kids mostly played in the sand. When it got dark, everyone went back to camp. Rebecca and I left to go back to Weatherford. I much prefer sleeping in my own bed. I read on Facebook that Dan had gotten home from Wyoming. Bob had called me a couple times during the day. He had a lousy day. He had gotten up early to drive back to San Francisco from Bakersfield to catch his flight which was delayed due to fog. Consequently, he missed all his connecting flights. He was supposed to be home around 11 that evening, but didn’t make it until 4 Saturday morning.
Since they were breaking up camp after breakfast on Saturday, Bob, Rebecca, and I didn’t go out to Mineral Wells. Michael, Karen and Megan stopped by for a minute on their way back to Benbrook. Dorias and the twins showed up a few minutes later. Rebecca and I were watching “Beauty and the Beast” (the LDS version) when they got here. Later I went in and took a nap. I didn’t want to cook supper so we went to “On the Boarder” for supper. One of the twins went to sleep before the food even arrived. Afterwards, we drove out to Brock to see how Dan’s new house was coming. The other twin went to sleep while driving out there. When we got home, we watched “Forever After” and the old version of “Parent Trap” with Hayley Mills. Afterwards I did the ward bulletin for Sunday and the missionaries’ meal calendar and then went to bed.
Bob left for his meetings before I got up. When I did get up, I got ready for Church. Since it was the third Sunday and Linger Longer, I got a half ham ready to cook. I waited and put it in the oven at Church so that I wouldn’t have to come home and get it like I did last month. It was so much easier doing it that way. Dorias and her kids went to Robbie’s branch in Mineral Wells so I had to leave an hour before they left. Our meetings were good and the dinner went well afterwards. I did a little work on my computer when I got home and then took a nap. Later that evening the missionaries came home. They didn’t have a dinner appointment so they decided to cook. Elder Berghout decided to make homemade pancakes. Everything went well until he realized that he had used powdered sugar instead of flour. What a mess, but at least he tried. I started reading on “The Princess Bride” again, but decided to watch the movie instead. Both are written by the same guy so they go along with each other—not like many books and movies. I went to bed shortly thereafter.
This morning I got up and went to breakfast at IHOP with Trish, Dan & Tonia, Seth and Reagan. Afterwards I did some shopping at Walmart then came on home. I did my regular Monday chores. We lost 8 trees this winter so Bob went into town to get new ones.
Well, I’ll close for this week. I hope that you have a good week.
No comments:
Post a Comment