Monday, March 28, 2011
Dear Friends and Family,
Can you believe March is almost over! Time is sure flying! Only 271 days until Christmas.
Last Monday afternoon Bob went and bought six new fruit trees. When he got home with them, Elder Stanworth and Elder Berghout helped him plant them. I did the laundry then I tried to read on “Princess Bride”, but just couldn’t get into it. I think I like the movie better. I was bored so I went to bed around 8:30.
We slept in on Tuesday morning. Bob fixed us breakfast then I went to see Jim for my semi-annual check-up and cleaning. No cavities. From there I went and got my nails done and then to Bed, Bath, & Beyond to get new tumblers for my missionaries. When I got home, Bob was working out in the yard. I sure do miss having Jorge come. He has been helping Greg Melven get his house ready to sell so hasn’t been able to come over here. Later that afternoon, I made my reservations to go to Nathen Pope’s wedding in Bountiful, Utah in May. I’ll fly into SLC on May 19. Then Cookie and I will drive to California to see our cousins, Doug & Peggy in Magalia and maybe Glen & Myra. And we might stop by for a moment to see our three cousins and their spouses that live in Carson City, NV. Then we’ll be back to Utah in time for Pope’s wedding on May 27. I’ll fly home the next day. I’m so excited. I tried to read more on “Princess Bride”. It was finally getting better—23% into the book. Bob and I then went to eat at Rosa’s Café. We stopped by Walmart on our way home. When we got home, I got 10 Visiting Teaching letters ready to mail.
Wednesday was Temple Day. Sharon, Marsha, and I had a good day. On the way home we stopped at Logan’s Steakhouse for dinner. When I got home, I continued to read on “Princess Bride” which is actually an abridgement by William Goldman of the original book by Simon Morgenstern.
I didn’t sleep very well that night. I got up and fixed waffles Thursday morning for my two missionaries and then Bob and I met Don & Trish, Dan & Tonia, Seth & Reagan and Marilyn at IHOP for breakfast. I wasn’t feeling too well. Soon after we got home, I realized that I was getting sick. Consequently, I slept the rest of the day. Elder Berghout and Elder Stanworth mowed our entire lawn that afternoon. That evening I couldn’t even concentrate on reading so I watched a couple episodes of NCIS and Castle. I went to bed before Bob got home from teaching his SMU class in Dallas.
I felt better Friday, but was still not well. I didn’t even get dressed all day long. Bob left before 10 to catch a flight to Utah to go visit his Mom for a week. When Bob got to SLC, he said it was snowing. I did a lot of the watering and slept between each time to turn on or off a valve. Elder Berghout cleaned my kitchen for me. About mid-afternoon I got up and read. I finally finished reading “Princess Bride”. The book is good, but written VERY differently. I still like the movie better.
When I woke up on Saturday, I checked my email, facebook, texts, etc like I always do. There was a post on Gerin Wilde’s wall that he had broken his leg and was home from his mission for a while. He’ll go back. Dan called me a little before 10 for me to come to breakfast with all of them—Don & Trish, Marilyn, and all of Dan’s family. I wasn’t well, but I felt much better so I got dressed and went. On the way home I picked up Bob’s cloths at the cleaners and went by the Church to print the ward bulletin and work on Visiting Teaching. When I got home, I read “First Light” by Haylee Leatherman on my Kindle. I didn’t like the book. I talked to Bob a couple times during the day.
It was so hard to get up on Sunday morning, but I did. It was cold and grey outside. I got ready and went to Church. I only stayed for Sacrament Meeting—naughty me. When I got home, I took a nap. Later when the missionaries got home, we visited for almost two hours. They left and I started reading “The Jungle” by Clive Cussler on my Kindle. I really like his books.
It was cold again when I got up this morning. The heater even went on! It has been in the 80’s most of the week, but not yesterday and today. Oh well, that’s Texas. I went to breakfast with Trish, Marilyn, and Dan & Tonia and two of their kids. Josh & Lisa and their family showed up after we got there, but they didn’t eat at our table. We had a nice visit then I came on home and here I am. I’m planning on cleaning the house today, but we’ll see……………..
No comments:
Post a Comment