Monday, March 14, 2011
Dear Friends and Family,
Today starts Spring Break here in Texas and I am in Boerne watching the twins. Now let us go back a week…..
Last Monday I was in Katy, TX at Bonnie’s home celebrating her 28th birthday. As I mentioned earlier, we went to see “Beasty” at the Katy Mills Mall (don’t waste your money) and then we went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. It was really nice. I got a salad that was to die for. When we got home, we visited and then went to bed.
When I got up on Tuesday morning, Jarom had already gone to work so I went and crawled in with Bonnie. We visited a while and then I got ready to drive home. I had a nice drive home. Bob was home when I got here. Later we went to get gas for my car so I’d have enough to go to the temple on Wednesday.
Wednesday morning I picked Sharon and Marsha up to go to the temple. We had a nice drive over. We did see a freaky accident. I still can’t figure out how it happened. Marsha was quiet the last half of our trip, but I didn’t think anything of it. Her eyes were closed so I just figured she’d dozed off. When we got to the temple, she wasn’t feeling good at all. We finally called the temple paramedics who determined that she needed to go to the hospital. They thought that she might be having a heart attack. They called Jim to meet her at the hospital. The rest of the day went smoothly at the temple. Sharon and I went home by ourselves. When we got to the Olive Garden to eat dinner, Jim called me. They were keeping Marsha overnight for more tests, but they hadn’t ruled out a heart attack. I went to bed shortly after I got home. Bob got home an hour or so later. He had also talked to Jim. Marsha hadn’t had any more of those episodes since she arrived at the hospital so they were optimistic.
Thursday morning I got up and took shirts to the cleaners, Sugar to Puppy Luv to be groomed, and to the Church to do my final report on February’s visiting teaching. When I got home, I started the laundry and visited with Bob. He made airline reservations to go visit his Mom towards the end of the month. He had to go into Elbit for a couple hours before going on into Dallas to teach his SMU class, but that didn’t take as long as he thought it would so he went to visit Marsha also. She was doing fine. Dorias called and talked a while and then Cookie called and we visited. Then it was time to go pick up Sugar. She sure looked different. They gave her a summer haircut which cut all the blue off and most of the pink off. She is skinny now with all that winter hair gone. That evening I watched some Bones episodes on Netflix. Before I went to bed, I packed my suitcase.
Friday morning I did some last minute things around the house. Michael called me to let me know that Larry Curtis had died during the night. He was a good man and I really love his wife, Betty. I told Bob good-bye and then left for Boerne to watch the twins. On the way, I went to Fort Worth to run a couple errands and then headed south. Robbie called me and talked for a few minutes. I got to Boerne around 3:30. No one was home so I lay down and took a nap. Dorias and Rebecca had left earlier in the day for Orlando, Florida. About an hour later Mark and the twins showed up. They had gone into San Antonio. Much later Matthew got home. They packed all evening while the twins played. We collected the eggs and put the chickens to bed. Then we watched TV. I put the twins to bed around 9 and then I went to bed.
When I got up Saturday morning, Mark and Matthew were fixin to leave on their vacation to Mena, Arkansas. Richard and Robert were already up. A little before 9, I took the twins to their final basketball game. When we got there, we discovered that we were at the wrong place or it was the wrong time or something. I let the boys play on the playground toys for a while then we went back home. I am so glad that there are two of them and that they play so well together. The weather was great on Saturday so that they could play out in the backyard a lot. I was able to read on my Kindle. I’m now reading the third book of the Eragon series. Everything went fine the rest of the day. I got a call from Elder Downs. He is being transferred on Wednesday along with Elder Collins. So when I get home from here, we’ll have two new missionaries.
Daylight Savings. Richard and Robert woke up about the same time that they always do, but it was actually one hour later. This didn’t help me, because my body hasn’t adjusted yet. I was thinking that Dorias had 9am Church and I couldn’t see how I could get the twins and I ready in time, but then I remembered that Dorias has 1pm Church this year. YES. I didn’t do a Ward Bulletin this week for our Ward. I never got the speakers from the counselor that is conducting and besides, Dorias’ internet is lousy and the Xerox machine at our Church is still broken. I usually just email it to Bob and he runs it off for me when I’m out of town. I got the twins ready and we went to Church. It was easy. They slept through Sacrament Meeting and the Primary had them for the last two hours. We had a fantastic lesson in Relief Society. Cookie and Bob both called me when we got back to the house. My nephew, Jimmy, was just called to be second counselor in the bishopric there in Hattiesburg, MS. I am proud of him and his family. Bob was at Love Field fixin to fly to San Francisco for the week. He just found out on Friday that he was going. His ticket was almost $1,000 cheaper each way by flying Southwest instead of American. He is going to try to go and see Eric and his family while he is in California. I also texted with Bonnie for a while on Sunday evening. I read while the twins played for the rest of the day. I went to bed when I put them to bed.
Today is a gloomy day. It will probably rain here in Boerne. The twins are playing and everything is fine here. I hope that you have a good week.
No comments:
Post a Comment