Monday, March 7, 2011 (Bonnie’s 28th birthday)
Dear Friends & Family:
Bob worked on Strategic Thought all morning while I was on my computer. Then he went to work at Elbit in Fort Worth in the afternoon. That is so much better than Mobile, Alabama. That afternoon I read on my Kindle “Eldest” until I got tired so I lay down and took a nap. When I got up, I worked on Visiting Teaching until Bob got home. Then we went to Empty Nester’s FHE out at Jack & Judy Sparks’ home in Santo. Everyone there was from the Mineral Wells Branch so we didn’t know very many. They had a guest speaker who talked about the Civil War days. It was very interesting. She even dressed in costume. Afterwards, we stopped at Sonic on our way home. I was really tired when we got home so I went to bed.
Tuesday morning I got up and made biscuits and sausage gravy for Elder Struhs and Elder Stanworth. After they ate, we took pictures and said our good-byes, and then I went to IHOP for Breakfast with the Girls. We didn’t have a great turnout, but sufficient. While I was gone, Bob went to Elbit in Fort Worth. On the way home from IHOP, I stopped at the Church and worked on my Visiting Teaching report and made some changes on the routes. When I got home, I cleaned up the kitchen, put supper in the Crockpot, did the laundry, and read. Our new missionary came over with Elder Stanworth. He is Elder Downs from Kaysville, Utah. I think that I’m going to like him. He is the 37th missionary to live with us. I read all afternoon until Bob got home. Later we went into town to fill my car up again. Gas is now up to $3.20 a gallon. At least I get about 35mpg in my little Corolla. I read when I got home until I went to bed.
Bob got up early Wednesday morning and went out to Brock to help Dan wire his new house. I got up when he was leaving. I got ready for the temple then went and picked Marsha up. Sharon still had company. James moved back home during the day on Wednesday. We had a busy day at the temple. I was Initiatory Coordinator for most of the day. Jim came up to the temple in the afternoon and went through a session with Marsha. After our shift, Marsha and I drove back to Weatherford. We stopped at On the Boarder for supper. No one was home when I got home so I read.
Thursday morning I went to breakfast with Trish, Dan & Tonia, Seth and Reagan. Afterwards I went to Bed, Bath & Beyond, to the bank, to the Church to work on VT and then home. Bob had gone to Maverick while I was gone and picked up a new computer that they were building for him. I posted to my blog then went over to Trish’s to see how the construction is going on her new addition and on Dan’s new house. I stayed a couple hours and visited. When I got home, Bob was fixin to go to the dentist—Jim. From there he went to Dallas to teach his SMU class. I worked on the Ward Bulletin and on Visiting Teaching and just messed around on the computer and then I read in my book until I went to bed.
Friday morning Katie called me to see if I wanted to go to breakfast with her Grandma and parents and Seth and Reagan. I got ready and left. We had a good visit. I stopped at the Church to tweak some of the VT Routes then came on home. Bob wanted me to go with him to make some visits. We visited Charlene Pope. She had her fake knee taken out last week and is now in a rehab center with a spacer in the place of her knee. She seems to be doing better. She will have a new fake knee put back in after a few weeks. We also went to see another lady in our Ward. When we got home, I read and then I went with Bob up to the Church for an interview. While I was waiting on him, Charles & Amber came by. We visited until Bob got done, then the four of us went over to Chicken Express for a bite to eat. Afterwards, the four of us went over to the Payne’s house to help celebrate the temple marriages of Clay & Susan Merritt and Johnny & Elizabeth Eakles. When we got home, I worked on Visiting Teaching and then went to bed, but I couldn’t go to sleep so I got up and finished my book “Eldest” and then went to bed.
Saturday morning Bob had to leave before 6 to go teach his all-day SMU class. I got up a little later, cleaned my sewing room, cleaned the kitchen, finished the laundry, packed, and got ready to go to our Relief Society Birthday Party Luncheon. I think it was one of the BEST Relief Society parties that we have ever had. Of course, Cindy Rose was in charge of the food and her mother, Gail Inman, was in charge of the program. It couldn’t fail with the two of them. I was in one of the skits. It was very well attended also. As soon as it was over, I left for Fort Worth. I stopped at SAS Shoes and bought two new pair of shoes, got gas at Sam’s Club ($3.36) and then headed toward Houston. I got to Bonnie’s house in Katy around 6:30. It was almost 7:30 when Bonnie got home from work. She was surprised to see me, but she kinda felt like I would come because I’d gone to Stephenie’s and to Dorias’ for their birthdays. Jarom had my room all ready for me. We ate pizza then just visited—Bonnie does not have a TV.
Sunday morning we went to Church. Their Relief Society had its Visiting Teaching Convention during RS time. The Priesthood took over Primary so those sisters could come to it and the Young Women and Young Men were combined so that those sisters could come. They had a good program. Afterwards we came home and visited until time to go to Tomball to have Bonnie’s birthday dinner with Stephenie’s family. Evan’s brother and his family came over for dinner also since one of their kids had had a birthday earlier in the week. We had a nice dinner, visited, and then went back to Bonnie’s house. We went to bed shortly thereafter.
Today we got up and just lounged around for a while then we got cleaned up. Stephenie and her six kids came over about 11 and the ten of us went to brunch at IHOP for Bonnie’s birthday. Afterwards we all went back over to Bonnie’s and visited until 3 when Steph and her kids left. Now Bonnie, Jarom and I are fixin to go to the movie to see “Beastly”. When we get done there, we are planning on going to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner.
If you think I had a big week this last week—wait until next week! Hope that you have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment